What kind of sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What kind of sand should I get from petco for my green spotted puffers? I am slowly going to be converting them over to saltwater.

I'm in the process of changing my gsp over to full marine as well. I'm just using the white aragonite sand. I'm also going to be putting a bunch of different macro algae in for them to graze on and explore.

I'm in the process of changing my gsp over to full marine as well. I'm just using the white aragonite sand. I'm also going to be putting a bunch of different macro algae in for them to graze on and explore.

Thanks. I am new to GSPs.

Also, can anyone tell me how many power heads i should buy for a 20 gallon tall?

Also, can anyone tell me how many power heads i should buy for a 20 gallon tall?

Depends on how your rock scape is you just want to make sure there are no dead spots where stuff can accumulate. You do know they get to be about 6.5" and love to explore so eventually need a pretty large home for fish their size and live about 10-15 years. I'm going to be building a lagoon for mine in a year or two. They are two of my favorite fish I have always come to greet me when I come to the tank

Depends on how your rock scape is you just want to make sure there are no dead spots where stuff can accumulate. You do know they get to be about 6.5" and love to explore so eventually need a pretty large home for fish their size and live about 10-15 years. I'm going to be building a lagoon for mine in a year or two. They are two of my favorite fish I have always come to greet me when I come to the tank

Yea I know about the size. And I was also wandering if I can have live corals and star fish with these puffers?

I am going to be trying out a few corals here and there to see what mine will or won't eat but everything I have read or heard is inverts will get eaten and most will eat corals but every fish is different. Mine are in freshwater now and one eats plants all day long and the other never does. I'm going to start with some Kenya trees to see.

I am going to be trying out a few corals here and there to see what mine will or won't eat but everything I have read or heard is inverts will get eaten and most will eat corals but every fish is different. Mine are in freshwater now and one eats plants all day long and the other never does. I'm going to start with some Kenya trees to see.

Alright let me know how that works out. I'm about to go on vacation. If I have any money left after I get back I am going to go ahead and buy the sand, live rock, and powerheads. Then I will go from there.

Nice yeah I will be updating my thread- converting another tank. I'm just finishing up the cycle now so they will b in there soon

Back
Top Bottom