what livestock will survive in a tank with LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
can someone tell me what livestock will survive in a tank with LED lighting. I already have a nano with compacts. LED look so nice when they are on. Would it be better as a fish only aquarium?

It all depends on the LEDs. Some of the LED units out there are meant for fish-only tanks and will not support corals. Other LED units will supply enough light for any coral you want to keep.

The JBJ nano stock lights are enough to keep most softies and some LPS. Depending on the light requirements you may not see the best color out of them though. I had a 12gallon JBJ that i kept all sorts of things in with good success. The nice part about those tank is they are pretty shallow so they light they have stock does well.

My brother just did a build on the same 12 gallon i had that i gave him where he put DIY high powered LEDs in there. They have so much light that he has to turn them down so it doesn't bleach his SPS.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/12dx-led-build-132103.html

Back
Top Bottom