What next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djmpj2

Aquarium Advice Freak
Our tank is up and cycled. Our diatoms have finally gone away (it was hard to belive they ever would!) We got 2 clown perculas and a handful of snails and crabs 2 weeks ago and they all seem to be doing well.

What can we put in next safely? I would LOVE to get a purple tang, but it seems my tank may be too small :-( . Do they all grow to be too big for my tank.. or will they grow to fit their homes?

Maybe a yellow tang would be better for us? Can we add cleaner shrimp at the same time or would we chance an ammonia spike?

Also, when can we safely add a coral like a finger leather maybe?

DJ

What are the dimentions of the 54G corner tank? My inital impression is that the tank is sto small (not enough free swimming room) for a tang like a purple. A yellow may fit better for the tank but it aswell will be at the limits as far as tank size. You can easisly add a cleaner with out fear of increased bioload. Shrimp have nearly no impact on overall bioload by themselves.

What kind of wattage is the Lunar Aqualights? Are they regular florecents or are they CF?

The dimensions of the tank are: 38x27x22

The lights are 30" Lunar Aqualight (1)10K and (1) Actinic 65 Watt Power Compact bulbs with (2) Blue Moon Glow LED Lights.

I looked up the yellow eyed kole (had never heard of it) but it doesn't look like something I would be too excited about.. sorry.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom