What ot do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlieSDB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just started my first tank. Its a nano cub. I put the live rock in it yesterday. I know once I get everything situated that I would like to be able to add more things. Like button polyps, an anemone, and other things like that. So I guess what I'm asking is if the way I arranged the rock in the tank is okay? I do have a picture posted (IMAG0119):oops:

The structure looks nice, just make sure you leave some flat shelf-like places to place your new corals on. They will be attached to rocks when you get them and will need a place to sit on. You can always rearrange as you need to until you get everything where you want it so it doesn't fall over.

a nano for your first tank? good luck, they can be a challenge, make sure you keep those chemistry levels constant. What kind of lighting do you have, corals need quite a few watts.

My husband and I have been working on a 75 gal that was a fish only for six months and just changed it to a reef tank about a month ago. And I decided I wanted a tank of my own. Its the nano cube deluxe so what ever lighting that came with. But I seem to be having another problem. The temp. in my tank is at 86 degrees and wont go down. I've unplugged my heater and unplugged half of my lighting. I don't know what else to do. :?

Depending on the size of your nano, the heater does not need to be set at the "optimum" desired temperature. Many times setting it much lower will be enough. The hobby hasn't quite caught up in this regard. On my 5 gal, the temp on the heater is set at 68° and keeps it heated to about 80-81°. You also need to consider airflow. Often these small "all in one" tanks have solid lids that cover the tank completely preventing free air flow that would otherwise cool the tank. Evaporation is a blessing in these circumstances, not a hinderance. If possible, prop open the lid and allow the tank to breath. Placing a small fan near the tank will also help.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom