what retrun do i need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im getting my tank drilled and am going to have two return ports my tank is a 150 gal. and my pump should have a line between 4 to 5 ft to the top. what i plan on doing is taking one line from the pump and branching off to two lines about a 1 1/2 from the top. my question how many gallons per hour do i need to have the recommended turn over rate? which i think is 7x volume of tank =1050 gal/hr. Ive been look at mag drive supreme 24 with 2400gph for Bulk Reed Supply. Or If you all know any more pump around the 200.00 range that would be great and mine has to be inside my sump. thanks

Mag-Drive Supreme 24 - Bulk Reef Supply

I use a 2400gph on my 160 it's a laguna pond pump woks great a little weak but if you are around the gph range b4 head losses you should be ok

The most important factor when deciding your return pump size is what size pvc pipes are u using for your in and out?

I thought you had to pick a pump first so you can get pvc to fit it?

In physics there is only so much water that can physically go through a pipe . If u have 1" pipe or 2" pipe, makes a big difference. If u have a 1" pipe you can put a 5,000 gph return pump if u want , but it will never pass thru. You can put reducers or englargers on any pump to go to the size u need.

Back
Top Bottom