What salt mix is better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to decide which lfs to buy my saltwater. One uses Red Sea, the other is Oceanic, and aqua vitro. I have 3 lfs near me each one says theirs is the best. Please help. I have soft coral s and a monti, trumpet coral. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try one, see if you like it. If you don't switch to another one. No one salt mix is better than any other IMO.

Would one saltwater mix be better for corals? If there pretty much the same, I'll keep buying the aqua vitro. It's $1.19 per gallon vs $1.29.

Are you buying pre mixed water or the salt mix? IMO you should always mix your own. You can't really see the statistics of the water you buy from the LFS until you bring it home. If ends up being a bad batch, what are you going to do??

I agree that there is no one perfect or better than the rest salt mix. They all have their pros and cons.

Yes I'm buying pre mixed. How can a batch be bad? Should I be testing the water I buy before doing a wc?

Batches of salt sometimes can get something in them that can cause it to be bad that they have recalled.
There isn't a such thing as good or bad salts. They all have pros and cons. Just try them all out and see which you like better. There are some that actually alternate salt mixes so their pros can make up for the cons of the previous salt mix...or just buy what's on sale like I do.

My husband is looking into one. We live 5 a condo an Limited space. We were thinking under the kitchen sink, or in the garage by the washer and dryer.

Your paying alot of money for the premix water. If you mix your own it would cost you only about .25 per gallon that would pay for the ro unit in ni time.

I'm looking into ro/di after my tank is up and running. We also have several lfs in area and it's the same ours is better yadda yadda. But was thinking once I am putting water in just buying it mixes initialy and then mixing for my water changes. Then if I can fit a small unit somewhere in house going that route

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom