What should i add to my sw tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr_X said:
they work the same way as a fixture, except they don't have the pretty plastic around the guts. you have an in-wall setup anyway, so you aren't going to see the unit from the viewing side.

How about 3 x 54 watts 6500k and moonlight LEDs strip

how are you going to pull that off? it's going to be way too wide, isn't it? plus, it will only be 48" long, unless it's a retro and you stagger the lamps. what do you have against the dual 80 watt retros?

mr_X said:
how are you going to pull that off? it's going to be way too wide, isn't it? plus, it will only be 48" long, unless it's a retro and you stagger the lamps. what do you have against the dual 80 watt retros?

The dual can't be more then 3 1/2" wide

This is my test results 3 days after putting a shrimp in what dose this mean and what should I be doing?

Attachments

• image-1676055001.jpg
    image-1676055001.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 113
The cycle can last anywhere between a week to a month or more. You put in your ammonia source and test your water until the ammonia goes to 0, then watch your nitrite raise and return to 0, when these 2 are at 0 you should start to see your nitrates rise. Then do a 30% water change and add fish slowly. No more then one a week. I know it's easier said then done and most of us make the mistake of adding to many fish at once.

ColBen112 said:
The cycle can last anywhere between a week to a month or more. You put in your ammonia source and test your water until the ammonia goes to 0, then watch your nitrite raise and return to 0, when these 2 are at 0 you should start to see your nitrates rise. Then do a 30% water change and add fish slowly. No more then one a week. I know it's easier said then done and most of us make the mistake of adding to many fish at once.

Where should the nitrates be at?

another question to keep reef what do you need I have two Fluval internal u1 filters but what else??

you need clean water and good parameters. with that water volume you should be able to keep the water clean and replenish used up elements with weekly water changes, providing you are using a "reef" grade salt.

mr_X said:
you need clean water and good parameters. with that water volume you should be able to keep the water clean and replenish used up elements with weekly water changes, providing you are using a "reef" grade salt.

How about a power head

well, you definitely need adequate flow in the tank. i assumed you already had this planned. yes, a power head or two, or even 3 will be necessary, as will a heater.

mr_X said:
well, you definitely need adequate flow in the tank. i assumed you already had this planned. yes, a power head or two, or even 3 will be necessary, as will a heater.

Any good but compact one on mind

If you want to just have one on each end, try 2 Maxijet PROs, cheap and a ton of power.

The circulation pump option on the smallest one, the 600, was too much for my 24 cube, but yours is 4 times wider.

so I have two Fluval u1 on both sides a heater on the left next to the filter so add a power head and a circulation pump tell me where to place everything
img_1388367_0_d84c88fea17fe0687b9ebafb662e715b.
img_1388367_1_5f50221e7ebd49045854c6e924aae669.

Back
Top Bottom