What should i do now?? Ammonia in water help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prince

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello again, I have been having problems with my tank getting started up. I had no choose at the time to use tap water and yes I know it's was not a good idea, but my tap water has a reading of ammonia 0.25. So I went out and got a RO Filter, I haven't gotten it set up yet had no power, so I have did two water changes,25%& 50% with RO water I bought and ready to go saltwater.I still am getting a reading of 0.25. I have no fish in yet, only live rock and sand.

~ Should I just keep doing daily water changes with RO water to get the ammonia level down?

~should I use ammo lock also in my tank?

~should I ghost feed again or just keep doing water change till ammonia is gone?

Ps-- got skimmer,cascade filter running, lights I turn on once in a while, and power head going.

Thanks again.

It could just be an inaccurate reading. If its API they always show some ammonia. So you could have 0.

crister13 said:
It could just be an inaccurate reading. If its API they always show some ammonia. So you could have 0.

(-_-) are you serious!?!? Yes I am using a API test kit. There any other good test kits I can use to test with??

crister13 said:
Salifert. Usually very accurate. And yes API can read high ammonia lol.

I've tested the RO water and everything came back as 0. Can it still be reading inaccurate??

Ehh...... Now it seems like you actually have 0.25.,,,, idk. I would just try to get it to a reading of 0. If it doesn't go down after 4 back to back (day to day) pwcs then it's showing the results wrong. Do 25% a day.

Back
Top Bottom