what should i do with my 15 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had it setup for 3 weeks and had a dead shrimp for on w
what should i do after it cycles?

coral,live rock, anemone

i want 1 clown what kind should i get

well if you want live rock that wold be the nexted step. in a 15 gal about 20-25 lbs of good live rock could be added. you might have to recycle the tank again but it will not take as long as before. you might want to send zak a pm or go to the liverock.com board and ask him if he has some rock. there rock is the best rock and well worth the money. after you have the rock in the tank and all levels are back to 0 then you are free to add stuff slowly. like fish or corals. but just make sure that all levels are at 0 (ph needs to be at 8.1-8.3 and SG 35ppm and temp 80)

well for the cheapest that really is up to the lfs. i know both of the lfs that i go the mushrooms and most soft corals are the same price. but i think joshamit is right in saying that they tend to be the harder to kill coral. i know there are a few people on this board who have tryed to kill them but have failed. my first coral was a toadstool leather and a finger leather. they cam in to my tank at the same time. but i would prolly go with the mushrooms. you can put them in any part of your tank and they will do fine. what type of lighting do you have on the tank?

as for a clown that is really up to you. it is all in what you like. i would not get a maroon clown (they get big) i kinda like the looks of the ocellaris clown (false percula) or the black and white percula. but that is just my tasts

i have some tomatoes and one of them hostes my Flowerpot. i like them more than Perculas
Just me

Mr. Marine

thanks u guys and gals are great i have CORALIFE 10,000 K
360' output
18inch
15 watt
Flourescent
I was thinking about a Clark clown but the ones with 2 blue stripes

You will want to upgrade that lighting and wait at least 6 months to let the tank age before adding any anemones and/or corals.

i really do not think that there is any coral out there that you will be able to keep with that low of light. you might want to look in to a PC unit. i know for my tank i am adding another 192 wats of PC for about $175 you would not need that much light on that tank just to keep some mushrooms. if you can build a top for the tank and can do some wiring for the lights you might be able to spend about 100 or less and get a lighting unit to keep the corals.

Start with the clown and get used to that as you upgrade. Definitely plan for what you want. Get what you can for what you have set up in order to get experience. Research what you want to get and then upgrade your tank as needed. Take your time even when your lfs says, "should be ok." I've spent more money on upgrades than what I would have had to if I had done more research to start and planned for it. HTH

Welcome to Aq Ad and enjoy the set ups and little steps.

Compact fluorescent lighting is the next step up from your normal output fluorescents. With decent PC lights you could keep mushrooms, some polyps, leathers and maybe even some LPS corals.

people come here to learn about there tanks. not get made fun of. i am sure that there is stuff that you can still learn from other people.

Back
Top Bottom