What should i put in my water?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshsReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been using all three API products in my new 75 gallon sw tank. I use the ammolock to clean up my tapwater before mixing up fresh sw. I also dose stress zyme weekly, along with vitachem(not a API product), and i use stress coat before adding a new fish. Is this practice bad? I just want to make sure that i am not puting anything in my tank that i shoudnt.

Well if you're using tapwater (ugghhhhhhh), I guess it won't hurt to use that AmmoLock stuff. The others are a waste of money. Save it and buy an RO filter.

I'm most certainly not an expert here but I will agree that you should seriously look into purchasing an ro unit. I too used tap water (with similar additives/conditioners) to do my water changes.....I did that less than 5 or 6 times before I had massive problems (cyano breakouts etc). I then started toting my 5 gallon containers to a lfs to get ro water....got tired of that after a few months and purchased an ro unit.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom