What size tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What size tank will I need to keep these fish in a reef

Angels
- 1 rusty angel
- 1 flame angel
- 1 potters angel
- 1 regal angel
- 1 rock beauty angel
- 2 spot breast angels (1 male + 1 female)

Anthias
- 4 square back anthias

Blennies
- 1 lawnmower blenny
- 1 bicolor blenny

Butterfly's
- 1 long nosed butterfly
- 1 copperband butterfly

Clownfish
- 2 maroon clownfish

Foxface / Rabbit Fish
- 2 one spot foxfaces

Hawkfish
- 1 long nose hawkfish

Tangs
- 2 blue tangs
- 1 blonde naso tang
- 1 yellow tang
- 1 yellow eye kole tang
- 1 sailfin tang

Triggers
- 1 Niger trigger
- 2 blue throat triggers (1 male +1 female)

Wrasse
- 1 sixline wrasse
- 1 cleaner wrasse

All of them. Still deciding with the anthias and may only get the yellow long nose butterfly instead of the copperband as well

First of all, that is a massive bio load, also there will be some compatibility issues with the 2 blennys and also with multiple dwarf angels. Those are my only fish on there that I know of compatibility issues off the top of my head. I would say a conservative guess would be at least 500 gallon.

Im no expert or begginer either but if im not mistaken maybe around 600g+ and a long tank not high

Ok I may get right of the flame and potters and just keep the rusty I already have. Will the smaller fish be alright with the triggers. ( the triggers will be added last)

I would also guess at least 500g, pretty sure the trigger once grown would eventually eat the clowns and maybe anthias too. They are not reef safe either :) awesome fish list, is this a near future build? Will follow for sure!

The niger and blue throats should (should) leave the smaller fish alone. You may want to take a step back and seriously reconsider your potential stock list. Even if you picked 1 or 2 from each category, you are easily looking at a 200+ gallon tank. Thats only if you cut back severely. If you were to get each one of these fish, youd never be able to house corals, never be able to house inverts, or anything short of a fish. Say if you did decide to take the plunge on a huge tank, we will say 500g, for 3-200g boxes of salt, thats over $150. If you did a 15% wc every week, thats 75g, which would translate to roughly 25-30 bucks. Youd need 500 lbs of rock. Even at $3/lb thats $1500. A decent skimmer to take care of this, is going to be $700-800. Im not attempting to upset you or bring you down. I just want to help you understand the sheer costs involved in a tank like this

Yea I'm not gettin the rock beauty angel, flame angel, potters angel, and anthias anymore

Not sure yet. Gettin one custom made wanted to no what size id need for those fish

The niger and blue throats should (should) leave the smaller fish alone. You may want to take a step back and seriously reconsider your potential stock list. Even if you picked 1 or 2 from each category, you are easily looking at a 200+ gallon tank. Thats only if you cut back severely. If you were to get each one of these fish, youd never be able to house corals, never be able to house inverts, or anything short of a fish. Say if you did decide to take the plunge on a huge tank, we will say 500g, for 3-200g boxes of salt, thats over $150. If you did a 15% wc every week, thats 75g, which would translate to roughly 25-30 bucks. Youd need 500 lbs of rock. Even at $3/lb thats $1500. A decent skimmer to take care of this, is going to be $700-800. Im not attempting to upset you or bring you down. I just want to help you understand the sheer costs involved in a tank like this

Why so you say I wouldn't be able to house corals. The only fish that will eat corals are the angels if I'm unlucky. Triggers hardly ever do.

The angels, butterflys, and triggers. Triggers arent 100%. Its very possible to end up with a trigger that nips at corals

I read that they normal dont eat them they can just can pick them up and now them around. And getting them while there young will reduce the chance won't it, as well as keeping them well fed?

My vote is i wouldnt get anything less than a 220g. If I had the choice of getting a custom tank i would go with the 7 or 8 foot one and go with 300g. I was looking into glasscages awhile back and they were actually quite reasonable.

Thats still alot of fish. lol

My vote is i wouldnt get anything less than a 220g. If I had the choice of getting a custom tank i would go with the 7 or 8 foot one and go with 300g. I was looking into glasscages awhile back and they were actually quite reasonable.

Thats still alot of fish. lol

I'm in Australia though.

Back
Top Bottom