I am looking at two options for a new saltwater tank and need some thoughts on the setups I am considering.
The first option is:
50g 36 x 15 x 20 acrylic Seaclear Sys II $550
- sump intergates in back ( going to remove wet/ dry for a Refugium)
- tunze 9002 skimmer $200
- bag of carbon in the chemical cup
- stock return pump
Stand would be a deep blue stand 36 x 18 $280
Cost : $1050 (rounded)
Second option is
65g all glass aquarium by Aqueon 36 x 18 x 24 $189
- regular glass tank with frame
- either drilled or HOB
Litereef overflow box $110
- eshopps sump $200
- reef octopus skimmer $200
- reef octopus media reactor $75
- Sicce or Eheim return pump $75
- stand would be the Aqueon pine stand $265
Cost: $ $1050 (rounded)
Lighting for both is going to be either a 4 bulb or 6 bulb ATI Sunpower. (4 bulb for 50g and 6 bulb for 65g)
I am not sure on this one, the 65 I get max water volume and good equipment but on the 50g I get the acrylic benefits, easy setup and a clean minimalist look with all the filters in the back.
Or a third option I look into much more expensive ADA rimless starfire tanks. Highly unlikely due to cost, a 48g tank only is $700 where I live.