what test kit to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferchoz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm starting my tank cycle tomorrow and I would like to know what's a good test kit to buy? And if it is easy to test the water or it requires any tipe of experism?

Thank you

I agree, it is a decent kit for FOWLR. If you are going to cycle, skip testing the pH until you are done with the cycle, since it will be all over the place...unless you just want to test it for the heck of it.

and how often do I have to test the water after I put the shrimp in????

I don't think you'll see anything right away. I would give it a few days then start testing for ammonia once a day. I keep my in an excel spreadsheet so I can show a graph over time which helps

Agreed, about 4-5 days and you should see ammonia, assuming you aren't using cured LR.

Did the rock look fresh? Did you keep it damp on the trip home? Does it smell? Other then that you will have to see what the readings are in about 4-5days. Test for Ammonia levels.

the rock looks great, and yes it smells bad, it looks fresh... the trip home is about 5 min away and they put a wet paper on top to keep it fresh

the rock looks great, and yes it smells bad, it looks fresh... the trip home is about 5 min away and they put a wet paper on top to keep it fresh
Check ammonia levels in a few days and see where you are at.

Back
Top Bottom