What testing supplies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uscamaro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have API's Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, and High Range PH testing fluids. I want to get Calcium and Phosphate and whatever else is important. I'll be starting off with fish, then add LPS corals in the next couple of months, SPS several months/year down the road.

Also, what test brands do you guys like? I have read some strong opinions against API.

salifert for calcium. you can use the api for alk. mag and strontium tests i would wait on. wait till you are wanting to add the sps.

Perfect. I think it was your comments in posts a few years ago that got me to question them, I will go Salifert!

I use Salifert for Ca, Alk, Mg, and NO3. I would recommend you get a 5 ml syringe at the drugstore to add water to the API tubes. The silk screening of the 5 ml line is rarely correct.

Is that the perfect amount for the glass test tubes? I get so frustrated having to dip and spill to get it to the white line. And do they sell the syringes on the shelf or do you have to get them from the pharmacist?

Those lines are supposed to be 5 ml. You can find the syringes in the aisle. Just ask one of the associates. They may be with the ear cleaning supplies.

These are measuring syringes, no needle is attached.

Back
Top Bottom