what things do i need to start a salt water tank?assentials?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium

Aquarium Advice Regular
im thingking about getting a 55 gal but i dont know what type of heating i should get...lighting,skimmer,pumps etc...please let me know because i dont wanna make any mistakes

Not many people seem to use these but I have an inline heater that works with my canister filter that is awesome. It is made by the same company that makes Proquatic filters. Since I had it it has never fluxed once. Always stays between 79-80 degrees. I have a 55 also btw.

There are so many choices that it's probably hard for anyone to tell you exactly what to get . . . what kind of tank do you want? Reef? FO? FOWLR? What kind of fish? With some more details, you might get better suggestions.

Completely unrelated: I installed SP2 for Windows XP the other day and just now while typing FO, etc. I got a message that I was typing in all caps and people might think I was shouting. Gee, thanks, Microsoft!

I got a message that I was typing in all caps and people might think I was shouting. Gee, thanks, Microsoft!

That is a function of the forum, not anything Microsoft did. The popup is Javascript, you probably had it disabled previously.

Oh! For some reason I got the impression it was Explorer taking to me. Well, I don't mind if it's the forum--I thought Microsoft was now trying to tell me how to type. :)

Back
Top Bottom