What to add next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fireworks

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am wondering what fish to add next to my aquarium. I'm after peaceful community fish who will not destroy any corals which I plan to add later on.

So far I have a Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Pixie Hawkfish, Percula Clown, Diamond Goby , Three Turbo's, Sebae Anemone and one Porcelin crab.

The tank is 150gal. with 60lbs lr, 60lbs base rock, large canister filter, skimmer, four powerheads and a Coralife 48" lunar aqualight.

Also, will any other types of Tangs get along with my yellow ie. Achilles or Powder Blue etc. ?. TIA. 8)

Jamie

I would add a powder blue tang to the mix or a strawberry pseudochromis, both would add a lot of flare and color to your tank

If you would like a peaceful fish, a naso tang would be great. My last tank had one with a yellow and they got along fine. My current naso is great as well.

PBT and achilles are beautiful, but not as hardy and and my PBT is very dominant. May go after the yellow for a while. i would try to get a different sized one if you go this route from your yellow.
JMHO,
Jim

Check out the blenny family. I'm kinda partial to'm. Lot's of personality.

I currently have a 3 1/2 " midas blenny. Ell like swimming. Live in a rock out front. The bicolor will help with algae growth.

pseudochromis are generally not a peaceful fish. they are some of the most aggressive i have seen observing them in fish stores. people are very keen on royal grammas. perhaps a few chromis might be cool to school up and swim together. blennies are also a peaceful fish. bi colors are very active and fun to watch.

steve r

Great idea to include the chromis. Maybe 3. They'll school and stay out front. Very peaceful too. You got room for more, but I'd say save the fish per inch space for others you'll want to enjoy IMO.

Maybe a pair of the Poor Man's Moorish Idol's....I can't remember the scientific name...hennicohus something or other I think

I like the chromis idea as well. I have 5 and they school well. A school of 5 or 7 would look great in a 150gal.

As for tangs I currently have an Orange shoulder in with a yellow Tang. Your tank would be big enough as well.

I have 6 chromis and I love em, they have hiding places everywhere to sleep it's really cute. They are so small they fit into tiny crevices and holes in the rock. Very hardy imo.

Chromis would be a good addition but another Tang would cause problems, I think. Might I suggest more light and some corals?

Back
Top Bottom