What to do with extra bag of sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
All,

I've got 1 extra bag of playsand from the 350# I bought for my DSB. Don't ask me why I didn't just add this last bag. Could be I was afraid my house would collapse. With the rock (200#s) water (1,080#), sand (300#), I basically have a Harley Davidson sitting atop my homebuilt stand. :eek:

In any event, I've thought of 3 uses:

1) add some of the sand in my sump. Of course this would decrease the amount of water in there.

2) top off my DSB with it. But it would be covering over some diatoms and hair algae. Don't know if that's good or bad.

3) get a refund at HD.

Any ideas?

Mike

There is a guy who is looking for sand in the classified section ... you may be able to work out a deal with him!!!

yeah probably ... like he said in that post though, usually Greyhound will accept packages for shipping, if they have the space and it's very minimal cost!

I shipped a body kit for a Mitsubishi Eclipse once and it was only like $50 ... and with the front/rear bumpers, side skirts, and wing it was HEAVY!!!!!! Check it out for him ... nothing like helpin a fellow reefer!!!! :wink:

Just an Idea ... or you could keep it and top off!!!!

You could dye it different colors and pour it in layers in glass bottles and sell them at the flea market for decorations. :mrgreen:

save it for the next tank you setup...

i have 3 bags sitting in my garage right now, and i dont plan on putting anymore in my 55.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom