what to do with my 10g tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyP

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey all,

I now have my 55g saltwater tank under my belt and I am ready to move on to something else. I have a 10g tank that I've had from day 1 that is empty. It has 1 t8 light, a heater and the filtration that came with the bundle. Currently I am going to use it as a hospital tank but would like something low maintenance. Down the line when my corals grow and prosper I am interested in using as a frag tank for propagation. What Ideas do you guys have that I can use it for ?

ur T8 won't be enough for frag tank, and as a 10g, there is no such thing is "low maintenance" cuz you have to watch the water parameter every day. The only time it would have a lower maintenance would be connect it to your main display tank to be part of your total water volume like a sump or fuge, then you can start thinking about frag tank with proper lighting.

I would suggest the same as sump, fuge and hospital tank as well

ur T8 won't be enough for frag tank, and as a 10g, there is no such thing is "low maintenance" cuz you have to watch the water parameter every day. The only time it would have a lower maintenance would be connect it to your main display tank to be part of your total water volume like a sump or fuge, then you can start thinking about frag tank with proper lighting.

I would suggest the same as sump, fuge and hospital tank as well

I understand t8's are not sufficient for a frag tank I was thinking this more down the road and at that time I will be upgrading the lighting fixture if i'm still interested in doing so.

I think I may keep it open for a quarantine/hospital tank since I now just acclimate my fish/corals seperate in a containter.

I am thinking of maybe a sump but I dont think I can get the tank inside my stand. It will fit inside just fine but the doors for the opening may be a little small. The tank is heavy, obviously so I can fit the 10g between the wall and the back of the tank where the access is easier. That may rule out my options for a sump/fuge however I really want to do a fuge.

Back
Top Bottom