Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to luntiz
What to feed my fishes

I'm sure this topic has been covered many many times, but the search function on this site is hard. Well anyways, I've heard that Brine Shrimp is just empty calories for fish with no nutritional values what-so-ever. How are frozen blood worms?

I have 5 packets of food:

Angel Formula w/ 2% Garlic
Brine Shrimp
Brine Shrimp Plus
Blood Worms
Mysis Shrimp.

I was wondering if this is a good diet for:

Lemonpeel Angel
Gold Stripped Maroon Clown
Yellow Damselfish
3 Stripped Damselfish

I only feed them frozen food, should I try to mix it up with fresh food? If so, what and where should I buy them?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #2
steve-s

There shouldn't be a problem with the bloodworms. They contain a decent amount of protein and fat. The foods you feed now are fine except the brine which you pointed out. Depending on what the brine plus contains, it may also be fine. With the angel though, I would be sure to feed a little more on the vegetable matter. While angel will benefit moreso, all your fish are omnivors so it's a win win. I would suggest every second feeding be some type of herbavor preparation unless you make it yourself.

As far as fresh foods, whatever you can get from the grocers will be fine. Preferabely not frozen. If you make a >>blender mush<<, you can also add some decent vitamins and spurlina to fortify the foods.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Angels love just about anything....I have a Lemonpeel that I feed cut up pieces of seaweed. Try Sea Veggies, mixed marine seaweed flake, tons of vitamins including B6 B12 A E and more nutrients for healthy fish. Formula Two is also sold in pellet form and a good alternative to always feeding frozen food which can and will leave a slick on the water surface.
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

PS Your damsels will also relish the seaweed flakes, my two damsels enjoy the scraps that are left floating in the water after my peel has had it's fill.
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
, but the search function on this site is hard.
Since your food issue has been addressed, I thought I would ask what you find "hard" about the search function? Perhaps there is a way to improve it.

Tags
feed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com