What to feed my fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm sure this topic has been covered many many times, but the search function on this site is hard. Well anyways, I've heard that Brine Shrimp is just empty calories for fish with no nutritional values what-so-ever. How are frozen blood worms?

I have 5 packets of food:

Angel Formula w/ 2% Garlic
Brine Shrimp
Brine Shrimp Plus
Blood Worms
Mysis Shrimp.

I was wondering if this is a good diet for:

Lemonpeel Angel
Gold Stripped Maroon Clown
Yellow Damselfish
3 Stripped Damselfish

I only feed them frozen food, should I try to mix it up with fresh food? If so, what and where should I buy them?

Thanks in advance

There shouldn't be a problem with the bloodworms. They contain a decent amount of protein and fat. The foods you feed now are fine except the brine which you pointed out. Depending on what the brine plus contains, it may also be fine. With the angel though, I would be sure to feed a little more on the vegetable matter. While angel will benefit moreso, all your fish are omnivors so it's a win win. I would suggest every second feeding be some type of herbavor preparation unless you make it yourself.

As far as fresh foods, whatever you can get from the grocers will be fine. Preferabely not frozen. If you make a >>blender mush<<, you can also add some decent vitamins and spurlina to fortify the foods.

Cheers
Steve

Angels love just about anything....I have a Lemonpeel that I feed cut up pieces of seaweed. Try Sea Veggies, mixed marine seaweed flake, tons of vitamins including B6 B12 A E and more nutrients for healthy fish. Formula Two is also sold in pellet form and a good alternative to always feeding frozen food which can and will leave a slick on the water surface.

PS Your damsels will also relish the seaweed flakes, my two damsels enjoy the scraps that are left floating in the water after my peel has had it's fill.

, but the search function on this site is hard.

Since your food issue has been addressed, I thought I would ask what you find "hard" about the search function? Perhaps there is a way to improve it.

Back
Top Bottom