what to feed my pink grouper :( ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

ive had my pink grouper for about a month and halff maybe 2 now.. i fed it brined shrimp the whole time..lately he wont look at the brined shrimp.. the guy at the LFS told me to try out fresh water feeder guppies.. i tried one and he inhaled the thing. i wanted to make shure before i continue that its ok to feed him that or what other food should i feed the pink grouper..

helpp please!

i thought feeding fw feeders to sw fish too often gave them cramps or constapation.

not to mention what it must be like for the fw fish... i hope you kill them first

LFS told me to try out fresh water feeder guppies
I think there might be a better solution. Mannyfern09, have you tried to soak in garlic, something like this:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1
It helps to stimulate eating and is great for their immune systems.
I don't know much about groupers, but I think you might want to stay away from "live" foods, otherwise, I believe they might start to depend on them. Not to mention it is (not trying to be mean, I know you are trying to do the best for your "child") inhumane to stick a FW fish in a SW tank. Hopefully some one will be able to help you with some other suggestions. Keep up the good work!

Your grouper is probably looking for something larger then a brine shrimp. Try getting some fresh shrimp at the grocery store, take the shell off, chop it up into about 4-5 pieces and see if it wont eat that.

What is the scientific name of your “pink grouper”? If it’s a true grouper then it’s probably going to grow larger then 12” and will quickly outgrow your tank and belongs in 100+ gal tanks.

Also what exactly is the size of your tank? In this post you say you have a 30 gal and in this post a 65 gal??

Groupers are also very aggressive and will eventually go after your clown, 4 damsels, and inverts.

Sound’s to me like you are really rushing into this hobby blind with your tank only 2 months old and really need to reassert your priorities in keeping SW fish. Even if your tank is a 65 gal it’s too small for any grouper and if you still have the panther grouper I’d take that and the pink grouper back to your lfs for a credit.

i have two tanks at my house... one reef and one predator the bigger one being the predator... for now in that tank the 65 g all i have is the pink grouper and the panther grouper..

thanks for the help.... i tried the fresh shrimp didnt llook at it.. n e other suggestions??>

Back
Top Bottom