what to put in my new 20 gallon tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I almost for got the Ap. cockato orange flash
ee337c1f.jpg

I also have pictures of the Ap. agssizii red til but have to up load that one. will post later.

Yea me to, I had to order all of mine myself. But your th lucky one. Over in the UK you can get some of the Apistogramma spices they want even ship to the USA. And Thank you.

hey weasel thanks for all of those suggestions! so youre saying that i could mix all of those with community fish?? that would be perfect...beyond perfect..thanks alot! ill be sure to let everyone know what i finally end up getting after my cycle is done with...btw no signs of cloudiness and fish look healthy as ever! is that a good sign or too early to tell? its been only one day!

Yes any of the ones i showe you will go in a cummunty tank. I keep ap. cockato double red pr in with guppys ,mollie,red flag cichlids, puffers,ADF, killi's, GBR's AP.njssizi and can't forget Pimp the krib and his ladies, Monday,tuesday,wedsday, and thruesday.

HAHAHAHAH that's awesome! hopefully one day i can get a bigger tank (when im older) and be able to put alot of fish together! im only limited to space that's available in my room!

im only limited to space that's available in my room!
Maybe you should do some rearranging....lol. I have a 55g and a 10g in my room. No room for anymore tanks though...so I've spilled over into the living room downstairs...oh yes...there are many unused walls in that room that will soon be filled up.

I'm sure you can find some room for another tank....

well you see...im pretty young and my parents run the show here! but ya matt... when do i know that i can get more fish?? i wanna start asap! but i know that i dont wanna kill fish just cuz i didnt wait for the tank to cycle properly..btw today was day 2 with these danios and they are very hyper...looking healthy...one keeps stealing all the food while the other doesnt even notice...any suggestions?

doesnt notice the food? is he heating? not eating isnt a good sign, not an indication of tank conditions but of illness. Next time you feed check to make sure he eats.
Whenever your ammonia and nitrite levels are 0 then you can add more fish, but remember to add them gradually, one or two a week. If today is the second day i'd say you have another two weeks to go before your cycled at least. I know its hard not to buy fish to soon lol, but trust me when i say its worth the wait. Patience is a staple in this hobby.
If you add fish to soon you can restart the cycle itself which would make it take longer AND add stress to your fish which could kill them, last thing you want is to add a fish to soon while the tank is cycling and then the fish get stressed and get ick, then have to treat ich in a cycling aquarium and have to wait atleast 2 more weeks after that for hte ick to be gone.
So short answer- when ammonia and nitrite=0 ppm.

hey matt! sorry for the delayed answer...i was outta the house all day...but ya he eats, but is scared of the other one so he eats from the bottom of the tank after the other one's attention is diverted...doesnt seem sick...he's super hyper...ok haha ya i just got myself a water test kit! im ready now!

Back
Top Bottom