What Type Of Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I know t5ho Lighting rather well for freshwater planted tanks. However I am preparing for my first SW tank and am looking at t5ho lighting. My tank is 29 gallon tall, And I am getting a Fishneedit 24inch/4bulb Fixture. However I am not sure what bulbs I need. What is the best combination? I wont be doing coral yet but will later possibly. what temp as well?

Ya I would go with 2 antnics and 2 10,000k bulbs. U might be limited into what sps and high lighting corals u can get. It all depends on how good the fixture is there as some cheap fixtures out there I been there done that.

Well I know they have individual reflectors and are known to be rather quality fixtures. From Fishneedit.com

Is it ok to put a low to med light coral in a high light environment? Will it harm the coral or just cause way to much growth

Too much lighting can cause some corals to brown out or not expand as much or even bleach in some cases.

You may want to aquascape your rocks in such a way that lower light demanding corals can be positioned in areas where they can receive indirect light.

A 29 gallon is 30 inches I believe. So I would get the 30 inch four bulb. And get 2 blues and 2 whites. You'll be able to keep low-moderate light corals with that light:)

there are not 30" 4 bulb they are still only 24watts so where will be 3 inches on each end that are not as brightly lit but then again at the same time you won't be putting that many corals there

Back
Top Bottom