what type of coraline is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and this ( wich i dont know wut it is???) has grown since last week

congratulations thats cyano! dont use tap water for top offs and check your phosphate level. If it is cyano cut your light period in half.

Are you sure the red one is slime algae?
it was there when i bought the live rock and during my cycle... i thought it was only cool coraline :(

i got informed and i only leave 12 hrds of light a day... instead of 15-18, i installed a timer.

wut to do is its slime algae??

tia guys

If you can suck the red stuff off the rock with airline tubing or a turkey baster, it most likely is cyano....coralline is usually a hard incrusting algae that won't just rub off...it usually takes some elbow grease. You will love it until you have to scrape it off the front of your glass! :wink:

rhomb said:
Are you sure the red one is slime algae?
it was there when i bought the live rock and during my cycle... i thought it was only cool coraline :(
The purple rock off to the right in the first pic is definately coralline but the larger portion of the rock does look as though it could be either cyano or possible a form of velvety coralline. Easiest way to determine it as two11devan said is get a turkey baster and try to "blow" it off the rock. If it stays put, it's most likley not cyano...

The second pic is very hard to make out but it could be a type of turf, brush, bryopsis or similar. Can you post a better pic?

Cheers
Steve

light the tank only 10 hours that is more than u need i do 12 till 10 pm

Back
Top Bottom