What you all think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
WEll i have my QT up and running and i am deciding over what new fish to get. I have right now a 75 gallon with a Yellow Tang, Clarki Clown, and yellow tail damsel.

I was thinking of either.
- Pajama cardinal
-Clown Goby
- Fire Fish Goby (Purple)
- Banggai Cardinal

I want to get some more CUC as well. No snails my hermits kill them. I have right now

2 Cleaner shrimp
Couple of red scarlet hermits
2 Blue Legged Hermits
I use to have 3 emerald crabs but i think the died cuz i havent seen them in a while.

Should i get some more Hermits or different type of Shrimp?

Yeah, go with the green or yellow goby like Captain said. Those fish are way cool. I think maybe you should get some peppermint shrimp. Those are pretty cool. Maybe try a sea star of some sort?

Yasha or High fin banded.

Ooops... not on the list. ;)

Does anyone else think the damsel might pick on the fish in that list?

The yellow tail is the nicer of the bunch and from what others have told me tend to be like most bullies.. More peaceful when alone and get their macho on when they are in groups. I don't think he'd give the goby a second look. The cardinals body is so different he may slide by too

I see. I've stayed away from damsels over the past few years because of their reputation so don't have any personal experience. Thanks for clarifying.

Same here, just going by what others in the hobby have passed on. It's hard too, cause they have some of the nicest coloring going too

Add more cardinals to the mix, at least 3. They are a schooling fish and like to be in groups. You could add some nassarius as I doubt the hermits would go after them during the half-hour or so they are above the sand.

i like the way the pajamas look especially in groups which i think they are supposed to be in. i have no xp with them and dont know their behavior/needs, i just think they rock in appearance.

They are supposed to be kept in groups, but many people do not do their research on them so they just buy 1. Ones that are kept singly have been known to quit eating and slowly waste away and not live as long as they are supposed to. They are supposed to be kept in groups of three or more, preferably stocked in odd numbers. I have two in my tank as I was not up to the challenge to keep 5 fish in a 20g and monitor the water every couple of days and be ready to do massive pwc's. So, basically, 3 cardinals of the same species MINUMUM IMO. HTH.

i like the way the pajamas look especially in groups which i think they are supposed to be in. i have no xp with them and dont know their behavior/needs, i just think they rock in appearance.

Great color I agree but I really think you got it right with "rock in appearance" I don't think I have ever seen a cardinal move. they just float there. wait.....floating rocks......whatever.lol

Clownfish are cool, but they're so overrated and popular.

Not sure if you have a reef or not, or if you're going TO have a reef, but there are TONS of wrasses' out there that are awesome, colourful and are fun to watch. Something like a mystery wrasse or a Fairy Wrasse would be an extremely nice and colorful addition to a tank. There's alot of fish out there, so i would suggest going to different sites, or using google, and just do a bit of research on some fish. Guaranteed you'll find one that is just perfect for you.

There's alot of fish out there, so i would suggest going to different sites, or using google, and just do a bit of research on some fish. Guaranteed you'll find one that is just perfect for you.

the problem is he will find too many fish just perfect for him :silly:

I agree hahaha

Too many types of fish.

I will have to see what my LFS has or can get.

looked at them already hahaha

I would love to do about 3 cardinals (pajama) but i dont know if my LFS can get them. I was told they are being hard to get anymore.

Back
Top Bottom