what's eats green algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What size is your tank and what livestock do you already have, or are planning for?

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

What kind of snails do you have? Turbo snails are bulldozers but great at algae control.

What kind of green algae? Forgot to ask that film, hair, bryosis or something else.

Looks like you have phosphates and nitrates coming from somewhere. Keep up on water changes. I don't know what will eat that type of algae. I have a little in my tank like that and I am keeping up with water changes 10 gallons 2 times a week on my 55g tank. I got a used set up and figure that it was neglected a lot longer than they claimed.

I have a 30 gallon and it was full of green algae, getting out of hand, and i got 3 turbo snails and they completely cleaned the whole tank

You need to cut the problem at the source. Buying some to eat the algae is a band-aid fix. My first suggestion is the lighting. Change the bulbs if their old. Second, add more water circulation. You will see more algae in dead spots.

For those that want to be stubborn, the quick fix is a seahare.

that looks more like cyanobacteria to me. mike mentioned the cure for algae, and it will also work for cyano. a sea hare won't eat that, if in fact it is cyanobacteria. is it slimy and can it be vacuumed up or is it grass-like?

Back
Top Bottom