what's my next move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LSFDLQ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am fairly new to saltwater, my 75 gal tank has been cycling for over a month and just made a change with the parameters. My readings are: Ammonia 1.0, Nitrite .7, Nitrate 15 and Ph 7.8 What should my next move be? Should I do a water change or wait it out for a few days and test again? Thanks for the help.

You need to wait till your ammonia drops to 0 in 24 hours! Once the ammonia you have in there now drops to 0 add ammonia again ! Don't do a water change till your bacteria can handle the ammonia

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you still have detectable ammonia I would wait until it's processed. What did you use as an ammonia source? Live rock?

No Changes!!

My parameters took a quick jump and have not changed since! My aquarium was set-up on 12-12, seems like nothing is happening with my test. I'm becoming impatient, any suggestion????

Well, your parameters probably haven't moved because you've run out of ammonia source. Live rock isn't the best use as per cycling. I would add an ammonia source so you can tell where you are in your cycle. Present an ammonia source and if in 24 hours you have no reading of ammonia or nitrite your cycle is done.

Mine seemed like forever to it took 30 days with just lr but I'm good now.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom