whats next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your tanks only been up for a week then its not even completed the cycle so whats next is to wait 3-4 weeks and monitor your ammonia and nitrite levels.

A 20 gal tank is small for SW so in all honesty the damsel will eventually 'rule the nest' if its left in the tank.

Fishfreek is right. See if the LFS will take back the damsel for credit. A 20 gallon tank can only support 4 inches of fish (some will say 6 inches, no room for error). Damsel run 3-6 inches depending on the type so really it would be your only fish. I know this is not what you were planning. Check out www.liveaquaria.com and look in the marine fish under nano fish for better choices. The site lists the size the fish will reach as well as a lot of helpful info. Once you have a list of fish and inverts keeping to 4-6 inch adult fish max then go to the lfs.

thanks... i took a look and am probablly going to get a firefish! hell yah~! not for a while though... :(

I would definetly get the damsel out of there after the cycle finishes. Or you won't be able to add anything else.

I cycled my 10 gallon then added a perc and a few crabs and snails. I got a nice little mini cycle after that.

I may try to get another percula clown once this cycle finishes up. Or a firefish...I haven't decided. I will probably get another clown to keep mine company.

A 20 gallon would support a couple clowns and 1 firefish I would think. You will just have to keep a close eye on everything. I check my tanks twice a day and I have 10 gallons of distilled mixed water ready to go just in case.

I setup a 10 gallon salt just because everyone at my LFS's said you can't. So I did. It is doing very well also.

Back
Top Bottom