whats Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neil_04

Aquarium Advice Activist
the other week i lost 3 turbo snails, and on wednesday my clown fish died i tested everything and my water seems ok, could i have something in my tank that would kill these off, maybe the crab i put in there?

I wouldn't say its your carb, cuz if u have enough food for them, they shouldn't bother your snails, since they r not hermits.
your clown might just stress and didn't get use to the tank.

provide your water test result might help us figure out the problem.

What were your water test numbers? Just saying ok doesn't tell us too much.

What size tank is it? What other fish/inverts are in there? What kind of crab did you add?

"40 gallon saltwater: 2 hang on back filters one atttached to cheap skimmer, live sand and about 20 pounds of live rock, 3 yellow tail damsels"

I agree, post some numbers. Looking at the above, have you cycled your tank?

wow thats an old setup everything has changed its still 40 gal but i have one hang on back filter just loaded with live rock and a lil flourescent light on top, and a hang on back skimmer, live stock is one yellow tail one cromis, one diamond goby, a baby camel shrimp and a crab its orange dont know the name of it i can try to stop by the fish store and find out tommorow, also let me test agian and give u some new numbers, ohh yea the tank has been up and running for about 6 and a half months now

Back
Top Bottom