whats wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shock you??? Like an electrical shock?! Do you have any heaters or other equipment in the tank? sounds like your heater or whatever you have in there is broken isn't water proof anymore and you are getting shocked....i don't know if im making any sense here, but if you take out any thing that is plugged in, do you still get shocked???

yep.. i've had that happened to me before.. check your heater like "two" said.. that was my case.. i thought that my cowfishes was just spitting water at me because it always occured when he was around.. turns out it was my heater...

i have 2 heaters so i will start unpluging things one by one to figure it out.

thanks

Good luck!! I think your on the right track, if it bothers you imagine what it is doing to your fish 8O I would also recommend you plug all your aquarium equipment into a GFCI receptacle and install a grounding probe to your tank ;)

you should just check to see if you see any water inside the heater.. that was what happened to mines.. i didn't see a crack, but i did see water in there...

well it wasnt the heaters, it was my light. i was planning on building a canopy so i could upgrade my lights sooner or later. now i guess it will be sooner. thanks for you all help.

Back
Top Bottom