When can I add another fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put 2 clowns in last Thursday (just over a week ago), and I'm told that they might not tolerate new arrivals particularly well, especially if the new arrival is a timidish species, and if he's introduced a while after.

So, when can I add a Banggai Cardinal to my tank? The only other animal I have in the tank is a cleaner shrimp, added yesterday. It's a 35gallon with lots of filtration and watermovement.

I was thinking along the lines of next Thursday, ie. 2 weeks since I put the 2 clowns in?

Are QTing? if so then the clowns should have ben QT for 3-4 weeks and then added to the display. Then Id wait at least another 3-4 weeks if not more before you add the Cardinal that will allow him the proper (recommended) QT period as well as allow for you bacteria (in the display) to catch up with the new bio load of the clowns. personal if it were I, I would take it as slow as possible no reason to rush into it. Rushing will not benefit the tank the only thing it might do is burn a hole in your pocket...

FWIW
ANDREW

Back
Top Bottom