When Filters run Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home last night to find a rather messy tank and found out that my aquaclear had seized up and was running dry, i was gone most of the night so it could've been running dry for hours. Anyways i take a look at the motor after it cooled down from 60 degrees celcius that is, and the propeller wouldnt move despite rigerous cleaning, fortunalty for me i had an aquaclear mini that i wasnt using so i took off the motor from that and its running again, however i will need to get a new filter for my 20 gal SW tank.

It already has:

-Fluval plus 2
-powerhead 301 (to protien skimmer)

I was thinking something from http://www.marineland.com/products/prod_consumer.asp

I like the millenium ones the best from there, is there anything else i should look at?

No live rock or sand, but ive been suggested to get live rock if i get some gobys or blennys (which i most certainly will sometime)

I'm kinda biased towards marineland products, but I would recommend an Emporor 280 or even a Penguin biowheel 170.

Another option would be a CPR bak pak skimmer plus wetdry filter combo ;)

i use both an emperor 280 and penguin 170 on my 55 gal, the emperor is 100 times better then the penguin, would i need another skilter? plus anything extra in attacking nitrate and ammonia levels are good which is why i leaned towards the bio wheel products

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom