Where can I get LS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The only store that carried it near me closed due to the owners dying and tge kids not wanting to take over :-(. I have a Petco and Petsmart near me but neither of them have a saltwater section anymore and the next one is 2 hours away which is a no go cause no car. So was wondering where online is a great place to order it? I would only need 20 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I ordered 10 lbs of DR and 5 lbs of LR from Ebay and I prefer LS for a deep sand bed which in my old SW tank was stable for 5 yrs at 4 inches

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought Caribsea live sand from drsfostersmith.com. They have free shipping for orders over $50 (I note you only need 20 lbs, but they have good prices on other supplies you might need to get to the $50 mark). This of course is that bagged and shelved variety of "live sand". I don't know that I got any benefit from it. I cycled my tank with base rock, 100 lbs of this live sand, and a cocktail shrimp - but it wasn't until I added the live rock several weeks later that the cycle really got going. The cycle was pretty quick though once the rock went in, so I have a hunch that the bacteria was established to some degree with the sand, base rock, and shrimp. If I had to do it all over again I would just use regular sand. I'm sure the product development board was amazed that people (like me) would pay more for 20 lbs of wet sand than they would for 20 lbs of dry.

Back
Top Bottom