where is the best place to buy a big tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrrrkva

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a 240+ tank. (At least 8x2x2)
I have checked with Interamerican (glass)
Clarity Plus (acrylic)\
Midwestern
and Tenecor (acrylic)

I need it around May 20th.

Any other suggestions would be helpful. Clarity uses thicker acrylic than tenecor for about same price. I may go with a 300 (8x2x30inches)

Has interamerican gotten better with delivery times? Also found a deal at a place called Midwestern. They are doing the 240 for $850 with 2 overflows and $180 for shipping. (Saves about $500 over the other tanks) Best deal by far and they are using 1/2 acrylic and lifetime warranty.

can't offer any other merchants, but I would strongly suggest searching the net for others who have used these merchants and see what their experiences were.

go to a local glass shop, shipping on a tank that big will be crazy.They can probablly make one to fit your needs

Check with surrounding LFS. See if the are dealers for any companies. Don't be afraid to Wheel-and-deal with them. Often times when you set up anew tank you need other accessories. See if the LFS will cut you a deal on apackage. It is a good way to save some money and develope a relationship with a LFS. Do not be afraid to ask for discounts on stuff. I have a great relationship with the manager at my LFS and the discounts are almost automatic for me now. I keep going back and he keeps saving me money.

same here , they see me in there so much they know I spend money so when they are looking to move some peices or I ask I usually get a break

Here is a place that does custom Aquariums.. You can watch you tank getting built as well in their sponsor forum.. I hear they do awesome work and found a good shipper to make things really cheap..

http://www.innovativeaquarium.com/

I believe If I am correct they also Built MojoReefs custom aquarium.. Might want to check into them for a price.. Here is their Sponsor Forum

I have not bought a tank from them but from the looks of the quality jobs and the nice reviews I would recommend them..

HTH<
James

Go to www.glasscages.com and send the owner a email. He can quote you acrylic or glass. (I always recommend glass), he also builds custom stands and canopies out of hard wood oak. You can get a quote with shipping figured in. You will be shocked at the price you can get it shipped to your door for. Put it this way,If you have enough in your budget for a Clarity 300, you probably can afford a 500 from www.glasscages.com . And when you figure the freight on top of it, it is still cheaper. I could not be happier with my 150 from them.

He quoted me for freight shipping on glass tanks to be $150. It's worth it only if you're spending a lot of money on the tank. When we're talking about big tanks, in the hundreds of gallons, the shipping doesn't amount to squat, if you were comparing to buy a tank that size locally.

I got my 225 from Tenecor. I was able to get 10% off the price and they split the shipping with me so it was only $75 instead of $150. I am very happy with my tank and the dealings I had with Dustin at Tenecor.

Glass cages is DEFINATELY cheaper. But are they quality tanks? I am looking at interamerican, which are MUCH costlier, but the tank is going to be one of the smaller investments in my setup. Does Glass cages really only offer a 90 day warranty? Anyone have any blowouts?

MikeWinLDS, Most of the folks looking for custom tanks would be looking for things greater than 100gal anyway.

www.aquariumobsessed.com

blows anyone out of the water!! Best quality ive ever seen. Great service, 2 year warranty.

*glass cages work is sloppy, no warranty(90day)
*interamerican-never delivers your tank
*oceanic VERY EXPENSIVE

Users posting from this IP address

kathyharper103 [ 6 Posts ]
firereef [ 2 Posts ]

So. is Aurora in Toronto Canda?

Matt, take firereef's (aka kathyharper103) comments with a grain of salt. I belive you will find 90%+ of their posts have been negitive toward glasscages.

MikeWinLDS said:
GlassCages.com has awesome tanks for awesome prices.

Yeah, these tanks are cheap. Almost bought one from there but change my mind at last minute. Also, All-glass is good for quality.

Compaired to Oceanic I would classify All-glass as cheap aswell but I would also consiter their quality good.

A 90day warrantee on a tank would worry me aswell to be honest. I belive most comerical tanks have a 5 year warrantee from leaks?

Glass cages is DEFINATELY cheaper. But are they quality tanks? I am looking at interamerican, which are MUCH costlier, but the tank is going to be one of the smaller investments in my setup. Does Glass cages really only offer a 90 day warranty? Anyone have any blowouts?
Please check out the website then email the owner with you questions. That should put any doubts you have to bed.

Back
Top Bottom