Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Where to buy

Hey im new at the salt water tank thing. I live in Prince Edward island, Canada. There is only one store here that carries salt water fish, from all the online stores i see all the fish are over priced here. I was just wondering if there are anywhere to buy onine that ships to Canada.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrennickerson View Post
Hey im new at the salt water tank thing. I live in Prince Edward island, Canada. There is only one store here that carries salt water fish, from all the online stores i see all the fish are over priced here. I was just wondering if there are anywhere to buy onine that ships to Canada.

It probably won't be worth it. To ship fish you have to have them overnighted, or at least 2-day air, to insure they arrive healthy. So the shipping costs alone are outrageous, not to mention like you said, most of the online store's fish are overpriced to begin with.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

hey welcome to AA, i to am form the east coast of canada and struggle with the outrageos costs of fish at the LFS. one site i have found that will ship fish here (halifax) is jlaquatics.com. i personally have never used but i know of someone who has with good results but as bucjason said check out the shipping costs.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCluett View Post
hey welcome to AA, i to am form the east coast of canada and struggle with the outrageos costs of fish at the LFS. one site i have found that will ship fish here (halifax) is jlaquatics.com. i personally have never used but i know of someone who has with good results but as bucjason said check out the shipping costs.
Yeah i stumbled across this shortly after i posted that. Seems alrght id say you would have to actually have to order something to see how much it would cost. Work a try cuz i just paid 27 dollars for a yellow tailed damsel when there its 4.50 or something.
oh is there any good lfs in hali not to far away, i heard one just shut down there somewhere but must be a bunch around

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com