Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Where to buy a tank?

Where would you guys recommend one buy a 100g+ tank from and what should I expect to pay for one with and without a stand?

Thanks!

Old 03-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to XxTitleisTxX
Welcome to Aquarium advice sorry i cant answer your question lol

Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Try glasscages.com

they have great prices on glass and acrylic tanks

Some corals and inverts yet to be identified!
nickthapainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!

What kind of tank are you looking for: glass/acrylic? Ebay has some pretty good deals on reef ready tanks. I saw a 115g glass tank the other day for $199.00, but it wasn't reef ready. Add about $80-100 for it to be drilled. If you want an overflow type, you can by pretty much any of them. If it were me, I would go with the drilled tank. They also have a 125G with stand and canopy also for around $700.00. Not sure about shipping though. Good luck!

Mike
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the info. The selection at glasscages.com seems to be really good and the prices seem reasonable too. I haven't really decided acrylic vs. glass yet...just sort of doing my homework so when I do get a tank I'll know exactly what I want where I can get it. Somebody told me that although acrylic are lighter they also can scratch and are more costly...which seems to put glass higher on my list. Any input on the two types you can give? Also, I know I want a large tank - atleast 100g so I have plenty of room for whatever fish combination I decide on...however, is there any benifit or waste to going bigger than this? In other words...is there a certain tank size where going any bigger just takes up room in your home and stops allowing you to keep more fish or give you more options as far as tank setup goes?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

The only waste when going bigger usually has to do with adding depth to the tank. Ideally, the longer and wider the tank, the better -- a 6ft long shallow tank is better than a 4ft long tall tank. Most fish appreciate staying lower in the water column. Plus, the deeper the tank, the more powerful your lights need to be.

Some corals and inverts yet to be identified!
nickthapainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com