Where to buy base rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saberry

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have decided to begin using all, or mostly all, base rock. I understand the importance of getting live rock from a reputable source like liverocks.com, but where do you go for dry base rock? Do you just go to the lfs or are there any other good souces? I would think that mail order for dry rock would not have the same cost benefit given the shipping costs.

After reading about getting the argonite sand so much cheaper from HD, I want to make sure I don't miss any other little known deals.

making your own rock is fun and easy !! it takes time to cure it but alot cheaper and ya can make it look anyway ya want it :) ive made some and like it !! you being in houston ya could make it drop it in the gulf for a few weeks and have a good start :)

You could get away with very little LR and more base. The only drawback is more time for the base to become seeded with coralline. Considering the savings, the dry base is a good option to consider. About 80% dry and 20% LR (ish) should work out fine.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom