where to buy corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking to buy 200$ worth of corals but not sure where I can get the best bang for my buck. Are there good places to buy on-line? Should I buy frags or should I buy larger peices of coral? my lfs sells 6 frags for 100$ so I could get like 12 of those or I could get like 6 frags and 2 larger peices of coral. I would like to look online fist beings I have money in paypal.

saltwaterfish.com has been pretty good to me in my orders. I have 200 in coral coming to me today. They are alittle bit higher in cost than some other sites, but treated me well with my LR order so I stuck with them. If you want to see what they look like when I get them, I'll be posting pics in my tank showcase once I get them in place.

I find the best buys are local with swaps and on craigslist. I see where the local reef club in your area isn't active so that leaves that out, there are no real buys on craigslist and no local forums either.

I don't know if you have any reefing buddies in the area or not that you could get together for a group buy or not maybe get free shipping.

All I got to say if I lived where you are my coral buying would be limited. I have been to 4 swaps this year and several places off craigslist.

Check out saltcritters.com. There located here in Indiana. That's where I live so shipping would be cheaper for me. You can chat online with someone from there site and they're very helpful. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Remember frags do grow into colonies and are much more cost effective.

Depends on the coral. Some, like the kenya tree, can grow so quickly that it has been refered to as the weed of the sea. Others will take years. Though I have not reached this stage personally, a mixture of different corals will give you different growth times.

Back
Top Bottom