Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2003, 12:49 AM   #11
cj10488

So I emailed that guy from Ebay to check on S/H prices and this is what I got BTW i am only 8 hours away from him

"Shipping to you is $19.17 per 50lbs bag" LMAO yeah ok...

And the funniest ever when I replied that this s/h was more that what is stated to cali which is farther away I got this response back

"I know the shipping is more than the sand, but it is still a big savings besides this is the best stuff for saltwater aquariums. It causes ne-nitrafication which completes the nitrogen cycle in aquariums. No more water changes. COOL hu!!"

LOL,
James
Old 10-31-2003, 02:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

sure it does. And maybe there's some mermaids in the live rock too

Old 11-01-2003, 03:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks guy for all the help. I will get busy looking into the stuff given so far and I'll let you know the results. Hopefully good)! If any more info...please leave it. Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:34 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hey Reefrunner, that info on Marcona Ocean Industries is still good. They changed their name slightly...AES in front Marcona. ph# 772-464-1836. in Ft. Pierce, FL. I spoke to Joe who advised I could come pick up a load it is $20 a ton. (Do not mention anything related to Aquariums or Fish, etc.) I told him it was for the kids play box and he was very cool with that. This is the stuff were looking for. The 100% aragonite sand. One big problem..... How to get it to our side of the state. I don't have a truck large enough to haul a ton of sand and my local friends don't either. Any thoughts or suggestions? Know anyone willing to haul or order a load in closer to us?
Old 11-05-2003, 04:22 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Not sure about that, but for $20.00 per ton, I might rent a truck You might also look into local reef clubs that might be willing to help out

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:14 AM   #16
Mai
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio reefer
salty,

i don't live in florida but, ifound anouther retail placethat sells old castle. it's called Meijer's. do you have those down there? it was $2.98 for a 50 lb bag. Meijer's is like a grcery store with a department store all in one.

that might not help you anyways

GO BUCS!
Southdown was supposed to be shipped to various locations including Cincinnati area. I am going to check at the Meijer's now that you mentioned that they have it in your area. Thanks for the tip.

BTW two week until "The Big Game" sorry couldn't resist
Old 11-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hey ready for some weird @#*&. I called Marcona today for the second time, to inquire further. They had their number disconnected. I just spoke to them last week. I wonder why they would do that? Maybe they were flooded with calls after the ph# was posted. In any event I will keep searching and will keep you posted.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #18

They do this often.. That is why the number in Jacksonvlle does not work... It also caused them to relocate...
Old 11-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

Do they really do this because of our hobby? That seems a bit extreme.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Do they really do this because of our hobby? That seems a bit extreme.
They have an exclusive contract with Carribsea. They make alot more money selling sand to them than to us.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com