Where to buy Southdown or Old Castle in FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salty

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help!:)) I am setting up another tank in my collection. I want to use Southdown, Old Castle, or Yardright sand for my bed. I can't find it at my local Home Depot. Anyone out there know where I can find the stuff? How about you Reefrunner?

There is a place in either Ft Myers or Ft Pierce, that provides the sand for Southdown. I want to say it is Marcanos Industries, or something like that. They will sell it to you for about 20 per ton. I have been searching for their telephone number and address, but I can't find it anymore.

salty,

i don't live in florida but, ifound anouther retail placethat sells old castle. it's called Meijer's. do you have those down there? it was $2.98 for a 50 lb bag. Meijer's is like a grcery store with a department store all in one.

that might not help you anyways

GO BUCS!

NICE if only I found that a bit sooner... lol Definetly a great and Awesome Deal..

James

OK, I did some digging, and even contacted a guy that used to have the address (I got it from him originally) and the closest I can come is...

Marcona Ocean Industries Ft. Pierce, FL might also try AES/Atlantis, as I don't believe it is called Marcona anymore.

The above referenced address for them in the thread above is no longer valid for Jacksonville.

So I emailed that guy from Ebay to check on S/H prices and this is what I got BTW i am only 8 hours away from him

"Shipping to you is $19.17 per 50lbs bag" LMAO yeah ok...

And the funniest ever when I replied that this s/h was more that what is stated to cali which is farther away I got this response back

"I know the shipping is more than the sand, but it is still a big savings besides this is the best stuff for saltwater aquariums. It causes ne-nitrafication which completes the nitrogen cycle in aquariums. No more water changes. COOL hu!!"

LOL,
James

Thanks guy for all the help. I will get busy looking into the stuff given so far and I'll let you know the results. Hopefully good:))! If any more info...please leave it. Thanks again.

Hey Reefrunner, that info on Marcona Ocean Industries is still good. They changed their name slightly...AES in front Marcona. ph# 772-464-1836. in Ft. Pierce, FL. I spoke to Joe who advised I could come pick up a load it is $20 a ton. (Do not mention anything related to Aquariums or Fish, etc.) I told him it was for the kids play box and he was very cool with that. This is the stuff were looking for. The 100% aragonite sand. One big problem..... How to get it to our side of the state. I don't have a truck large enough to haul a ton of sand and my local friends don't either. Any thoughts or suggestions? Know anyone willing to haul or order a load in closer to us?

Not sure about that, but for $20.00 per ton, I might rent a truck ;) You might also look into local reef clubs that might be willing to help out ;)

ohio reefer said:
salty,

i don't live in florida but, ifound anouther retail placethat sells old castle. it's called Meijer's. do you have those down there? it was $2.98 for a 50 lb bag. Meijer's is like a grcery store with a department store all in one.

that might not help you anyways

GO BUCS!

Southdown was supposed to be shipped to various locations including Cincinnati area. I am going to check at the Meijer's now that you mentioned that they have it in your area. Thanks for the tip.

BTW two week until "The Big Game" sorry couldn't resist

Hey ready for some weird @#*&. I called Marcona today for the second time, to inquire further. They had their number disconnected. I just spoke to them last week. I wonder why they would do that? Maybe they were flooded with calls after the ph# was posted. :) In any event I will keep searching and will keep you posted.

They do this often.. That is why the number in Jacksonvlle does not work... It also caused them to relocate... :evil:

Back
Top Bottom