Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Where to buy used aquariums in Michigan

Where is a good web site or place to find a large used reef aquarium with stand and set-up in michigan Looking for 150g or greater with full set-up.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Daily I browse Craigslist. Usually find some decent setups but are usually outrageous price wise. Might wanna take a look there and see if anythings local to you

Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Chriznat20
Where at in Michigan?

Im in Macomb County (harrison township to be specific) and Tropical Treasures on Gratiot, S. of 15 mile Road would be the 1st place to come to mind. Tons of tanks- used, new, good looking, bad looking...

I check craigslist daily too I love craigslist!! Its where I got my current 30g setup w/oak stand and canopy - all accessories included (whisper filter, heater, air pump, food, test kits, decorations, nets, cleaners, etc..) For $55!!! My deal of the year.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have been checking craigs list and I even posted a wanted ad and no response. I can try the 15 mile and gratiot. Do you have a phone number?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsomepopcorn View Post
I have been checking craigs list and I even posted a wanted ad and no response. I can try the 15 mile and gratiot. Do you have a phone number?
Sure do

Tropical Treasures 586-791-6595.

So where in Michigan are you? Theres a great place on 9 mile too (I think) called Greenwood. Its a really cool aquarium shop... I dont get down that way often (my car has "9 mile brakes" - the brakes come on for some reason south of 10 mile and my car turns around immediately LOL).
Old 01-31-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I went out there yesterday. It is a cool place, more freshwater than salt. They only had 1 used tank a 55g.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsomepopcorn View Post
I went out there yesterday. It is a cool place, more freshwater than salt. They only had 1 used tank a 55g.
Shouldve messaged me - I would've met you up there and we could've talked aquariums all night

Where do you live anyways?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Sonomakid
Cl listing around here in MI are crazy high, i live in Midland MI
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

tanks go cheap here... today i found a bowfront tank that they claim is 77g, though im assuming its 72g, for $100 obo with stand, lights, etc... just gotta find the right one at the right time

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chi, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com