where to get a cheap sump or refugium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeflife89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
as u can see i really dnt have a sump or refugium just a 20 gallon tank with a protein skimmer and a return pump....
img_877798_0_0d7fa333f3ed9b93b326e9a76979802f.jpg

i dont really think it does much...well im trying to find somewhere some place that sells 20 gallon refugium or sumps really cheap. it sucks because im 17 and still cant afford many things for my tank and i was just wondering if people on this forum can help me find places where things are a little bit cheep...
thanks

Last edited:
If you already have a skimmer you can make a sump/reefugium out of a small genaric aquarium and a few plates of acrylic and glue. Any pet store will sell you a 20 gallon aquarium for 30-40 bucks, andyou can buy acrylic online. A return pump will put you back 100 odd dollars, and you should be set.

I am a beginer putting together my first tank, but I just spent two days reading all abut just this topic ;)

Yea I Already Got A 20 Gallon Tank With A Skimmer And Return Pump Running To The Main Tank...thanks For The Advice But I Suck Wit The Whole Mesurement Stuff..lol

You can just add a plastic tub to use as a sump. A BRUTE 20 gallon tote would be great, though you could use something smaller too.

Back
Top Bottom