Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

both tanks black......

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I thought I would hate a black background...until I got one!! Love it! The Coraline the grows on the back shows up very well. The Black also hides my black pre-skimmer for my BakPak 2R.

Black is my vote!

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

What did you all use to "paint" your tanks? Regular spray paint or something of that nature? Do you have any problems with peeling?

Just curious!

Thanks ...

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:05 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I didn't paint mine...but did something even better!

I used the Oceanvision background! A great peel, moisten, and stick method!! It is not too difficult to put on, looks great, and doesn't chip, wrinkle, fade. It can be cut to fit perfectly! Just: CUT, PEEL, MOISTEN, STICK, MOVE THE AIR BUBBLES OUT WITH A CREDIT CARD, AND TRIM! Took about 1 hour to apply...and it is there forever...OR....I can remove it...so it does not have to be permanent. It is similar to window decorations clings.

You can see it here: http://www.aquaricare.org/category.html?UCIDs=414801

and That Pet Place (www.thatpetplace.com) carried the product.

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com