Which backround??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moejoephd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am getting a backround for my 100gall and i dont know if i should use the black side or the blue side, I think it will help to make my tank brighter because it wont let light out the back anymore, but what have you guys used? blue black neither why and why not?? Thanks

i have painted the back of my tank 'black'. it looks great, i think it is down to personal preference really. either way you won't be able to see much of it in six months because of the coraline algae!!

blue felt works quite well and is good with the lighting on top of the aquarium....keep it clear of wires and water.

I like black. It's not as distracting as a light background. Unless the blue is like a midnight blue. That could be cool. I think the fish and other critters/corals looks better against a dark background.

I have done a blue tank and a black. I like the black better it brings out the color in the tank more and hides algae etc. better IMO.

I went with blue. Personally, I do not like those scene backgrounds. I think they look cheesey. Doesn't reallymatter, in time the back will wil become covered in coraline algea and you will not be able to see the background.

I thought I would hate a black background...until I got one!! Love it! The Coraline the grows on the back shows up very well. The Black also hides my black pre-skimmer for my BakPak 2R.

Black is my vote!

WC

What did you all use to "paint" your tanks? Regular spray paint or something of that nature? Do you have any problems with peeling?

Just curious! :D

Thanks ...

I didn't paint mine...but did something even better!

I used the Oceanvision background! A great peel, moisten, and stick method!! It is not too difficult to put on, looks great, and doesn't chip, wrinkle, fade. It can be cut to fit perfectly! Just: CUT, PEEL, MOISTEN, STICK, MOVE THE AIR BUBBLES OUT WITH A CREDIT CARD, AND TRIM! Took about 1 hour to apply...and it is there forever...OR....I can remove it...so it does not have to be permanent. It is similar to window decorations clings.

You can see it here: http://www.aquaricare.org/category.html?UCIDs=414801

and That Pet Place (www.thatpetplace.com) carried the product.

WC

Back
Top Bottom