Which corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdw1974

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I'm looking at putting some corals in my tank. It's my first attempt at corals and there are so many to choose from. I have a 60g tank and only want a few corals, but if I'm honest I struggling to see the difference between soft and hard. I like the look of brain corals and mushroom corals but would like some that will flow with the water. The ranks is a few months old so I'm in no hurry but how long would you suggest I wait before adding them. Thanks

It really depends on what lighting you have and what kind of filtration/flow you have before you can begin to select corals. Do you test for phosphate? If you are going to start corals You will need to. Make sure your water is looking good too, as close to 0 nitrate as you can. Stay away from sps for now, most flowing corals are generally lps (torch, hammer) remember to check the requirements for each before you buy as some corals can be aggressive towards others...

I've only got 4 t5 lights. 2 blue and 2 normal. I have 2 5400 wave makers

Unless that is a High Output light system its not enough lighting. You`ll need to upgrade your lighting.

Back
Top Bottom