Which Filter ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Power heads for proper water circulation is most important. Your LR and LS are your best bio filtration as long as you have the minimum amount of LR and LS and water flow with good LR placement and powerhead placement . This would out do any canister filter out there. Well with proper stocking and feeding habits. Theres really no one way to control any unwanted reading , but many ways. The canisterwould be a waste of money at this time. With low to no stock its overkill.
Like usual your LFS needs sales to feed his family and isnt giving good advice. I could type for an hour strait and only confuse you more. Get a good book and research any new purchase.

Amazon.com: The New Marine Aquarium: Step-By-Step Setup & Stocking Guide: Michael S. Paletta, Edward Kadunc, Scott W. Michael, John Goodman: Books

I am in the process of setting up my SW tank, been slowly but surely bit getting each piece, bit by bit. I've heard different sotries w/ filters. I've already determined that i dont have enough room for a sump, so i was told by a rep at Big Al's the eheim 2227 is basically the ONLY filter i could use in the event of me not having a sump beacuse of its ability to break down nitrates so quickly.

Can anyone recomend a particluar brand of canister for SW.

:confused::confused:

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom