Which skimmer is better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binaryterror

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting a skimmer for the Octo tank I am setting up, and I am wondering which one to get. The first is more exspensive, but I have heard that they are good. I have also heard the second is really nice for the price also, but I am just wondering which is the better buy for the money right now.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=7928&N=2004+113771 (up to 100g model)

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=4400&N=2004+113771 (up to 150g model)

Also, if you know of any better ones for around the same price, please LMK! Thanks!

You definitely don't want the seaclone.

I use the coralife super skimmer... I love it and it is relatively inexpensive.. skims great!

Binaryterror, do you plan on not using a sump? I would absolutly no excuses run a sump/fuge for an octo tank. You need a tight fitting/locking hood. The octo will knock over anything HOB trust me.

Give us a little run down on how big the tank will be and your budget? This can be done if you have the proper setup and time.

I have a 50g. I am on a very tight budget. I know that I need a sump. I am going to buy an overflow and a wet/dry with a sump area, for my skimmer and filter. So which skimmer would you recommend? I am getting fuge plants and putting them in the tank to help filter the water. Since the Octopus is a carnivore, it wont eat the plants.

I looked into that Coralife SuperSkimmer. I like it. Is it a good choice? Also, is the Magnum canister filter any good?

When it comes to skimmers you pretty much get what you pay for. I don't think you will like either of the ones you linked. Better to wait until you can afford a better one than to throw away half the money you need on a good one buying a piece of junk.

Back
Top Bottom