White lice looking bugs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOMINATOR

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got them all over the sides of my tank...what is that?? (tiny white ich looking parasite bugs) is that what they are???

most likely pods of some kind their not parasites the fish eat them

I've got two tanks side by side( two 90 gallons ) one reef, one predator, there are no fish in my predator tank yet and they are only visible in that tank...BTW, both tanks share the same sump

Too small to see, they move, then stop, move, then stop....

do they mostly stick to the top half of the tank....im only asking because ive been having the same problem(if it is a problem) for about a month....no signs of ich...everything reads fine in my tank

It's just pods. :) I had a huge explosion a few weeks ago but it's settled back down now. Pods are a good sign.

Carey - do you think thats what i have, it almost looks like a bunch of tiny tiny brittle(white in color), but i dont think thats possible. Im scared to think its ich but fish arent showing signs of it, and cant find a picture of what ich looks like off a fish and just on the glass

Definitely more concentrated toward the top.....especially around powerhead....thanks for the reassurance Carey.....

Mt tang had ich but a herbal medication and a cleaner shrimp seems to have done the trick....when the parasite falls off of the fish, it then lays eggs and hatches and that's what I'm afraid it is...

I was just told that ich doesn't turn white until it attaches to a host. Don't know how accurate that is though. So if it's white on your tank , you might be in the clear

You can also take a flash light to the glass at night. Mine are mosre active then. Wanna get really creeped out? Take a SERIOUS look at your rock. I mean really really look. You should have little creatures running around on that too. lol

Oh you can only imagine what I see when the lights are out!!!lol! I've got some brittle worms who come out to swallow left overs that the fish don't eat, and those crawlers...., there everywhere....brittle starfish, holy crap! Everywhere!!!! I'm in front of my tanks now and it's beautiful outside!!!

I'm watching my biocube right now and debating whether to buy another 55g sw setup. it's the best deal I've ever seen on cl. LOL

you can't see ich, and they aren't white. they make white spots on fish because they suck their blood and cause dead skin patches that apear white

Back
Top Bottom