White protuberances on birdsnest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
I am starting to see some white protuberances on my pink birdsnest. The rest of my coral is looking better than it ever has. My question is is this bleaching or are these new arms "budding"?

I recently started dosing 2 part, and all of my other coral has responded wonderfully. Is this maybe just new growth?

Please excuse the terrible photo. The white shows up ok with my camera phone so I didn't break out the DSLR.

Also tank stats:

SG 1.025
Temp 79
PH 8.4
Alk 9.5dKH
Ca 480ppm
MG 1350ppm
NO3 0
PO4 0.03 ppm
Lighting: 2 AI Sol white, 12 hour duration, 6 hours at peak intensity of 36% white 46% blue

Weekly 15% PWCs

Red Sea coral pro salt

Attachments

• image-252509618.jpg
    image-252509618.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Yep New growth :) the growth will be white/clear and sometimes almost looks like inflated on some sps

Hey fort! So pumped everything has been going well. So its been dosing eh? Bionic part 2?

Well i dont have a ton of sps, but i do know that a bleached outer layer/tips is usually a good sign. It means that it is growing! I dont think it is creating new arms, but i would say that it is gettin bigger.

If you look there are some white dots starting on the mid sections of some of the arms, so new arms and growing. AMAZING!

I am dosing my own mixes of CaOH and NaCO3, with some peristaltic pumps and timers. The coral has responded very well. I am so happy that something GOOD is happening to my coral. LOL

Gboy66 said:
Hey fort! So pumped everything has been going well. So its been dosing eh? Bionic part 2?

Well i dont have a ton of sps, but i do know that a bleached outer layer/tips is usually a good sign. It means that it is growing! I dont think it is creating new arms, but i would say that it is gettin bigger.

I think he is getting new arms on the left side of it.. looks like 2 close to the top of a couple branches.. I forget the names but there are actually two seperate names for the polyps depending if they are on the "body" of the coral or the leading tip of growth which are usually the clear/whiteish polyps

Back
Top Bottom