White stuff from my return pump after powering back on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have been researching around and can't seem to find an answer. Everyone I turn my return pump off for my water changes it blasts a bunch of white things from the return line.i can not identify this but my yellow tang eats it. Its kind of hard to describe it. it just appears to float aroundand always happens when I re apply power to my return pump when I do my pwc. Any ideas what this can be?

If it tastes good to a fish, it can't be too bad. Be curious, but I wouldn't worry about it. Likely just old food or other organic matter that accumulates when the power to the pump is turned off. Doens't last long, right?

Oh No its just a blast at the start.it doesn't keep coming out...its definitely not air bubbles though looks more meaty. iam not worried about as its not doing anything bad but just curious if anyone knew what this was since isee it everytime I apply power again

definately old food,it happens on mine,I just put a net in front of it when turned on,have you any filter socks or any other filter media?

Yea I have filter sock which is why I am kinda of puzzle..maybe ill the net method to atleast catch some of it st the return

Back
Top Bottom